Get Your Financial Support with a Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Some workplace environments are simply more dangerous than others. While it is obvious that a construction site will present much more hazards than an industrial office space, workplace accidents can still happen in any job setting. In order to eliminate or minimize the occurrence of dangerous and hazardous workplace accidents, managers and employers are required to maintain a safe and secure premises for employees at all times.
Whether your workplace accident and resulting injury were caused by workplace negligence or not, you must speak immediately with one of our Upper Peninsula of Michigan personal injury lawyers. At Upper Michigan Law, we are particularly adept at handling complex workers' compensation claims and have been advocating on behalf of injured workers in the community for more than 40 years. We know your rights.
What You Need to Know About Filing a Claim in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Filing for workers' compensation can be a complex, convoluted process. Below, we have listed some general tips to consider after a workplace-related accident. Don't add to a headache by going through this process alone. Please contact our firm and do not be afraid to ask how we can help you through this difficult and very painful situation.
Here are some things to know in regards to workers' compensation claims:
- Workers' compensation claims do not need proof of negligence: When an accident, injury, or incident occurs in the workplace, negligence does not play a role in determining your eligibility to receive workers' compensation. However, if a third-party was negligent and did play a role in your accident, we can help pursue additional damages by filing a personal injury claim.
- You must report all of your injuries after an accident: Reporting any and all injuries can only help your case. Reporting any associated pain, trauma, exposure, or disease can make your claim more compensable.
- Seek medical attention immediately: Before speaking with a lawyer, it will be crucial for you to first seek professional medical attention from a qualified practitioner. Documenting your history of injuries will be a valuable asset in your claim for compensation.
- Report your injuries to your employer: Many injured victims hesitate to report workplace injuries for fear of retaliation. By law, your employer is prohibited from acting in malice, discrimination, or retaliation against you for reporting your injuries.
- Speak with a lawyer to determine your insurance coverage: If you think you are eligible for compensation, our attorneys can help you determine which insurance providers will cover your workers' compensation benefits.
- Determine the length and amount of support needed for treatment: Your financial compensation can be paid out in a lump sum, or in smaller increments. If you are in need of long-term support due to a disability, Social Security Disability may be an option to consider.
Obtaining your entitled compensation is not always as straightforward as one may assume, but we possess the skills, knowledge, experience, and investigative resources that are needed to help you get the financial support that you need as you take time off from work to heal and recover.
Speak with an Industry Professional Free-of-Charge
If you are in need of workers' compensation after a serious work-related accident in Escanaba, Marquette, Iron Mountain or Menominee, Upper Michigan Law is ready to help. Simply ask to speak with Attorney Gabe Cameron or Attorney Sam Larrabee. Each of our lawyers would be more than happy to sit down with you over the phone or in-person to learn more about your case - free of charge.
Contact Upper Michigan Law and request your free, confidential, and no-obligation case evaluation.
We know each of our clients by name, creating trusted attorney-client relationships completely based on reliability and security.
We stay available for our clients, making communication easy and you our top priority.
We focus on specific areas of law so that we stay ahead of our competition and provide consistently successful results.
We have a proven record of results, achieving millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for the injured.